Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Dia&Co First Box

Dia&Co is a subscription service for plus size women. These subscription services will typically send five items personally picked for you and your likes. They will usually have an upfront fee (20$ in this case) to send the shipment, but that cost can be applied to your order if you choose to keep any items. They will send a prepaid mailer to return any unwanted items. You have a couple of days to try on clothing and decide if its for keeps or not, and to send the rest back. If you keep all items you will receive a discount (in this case 20%) Your stylist will usually write a letter to you about some of the things they picked, and they will typically ask for links to your pinterest and other social media to see what things you like. You will also fill out a style profile before ordering. Feedback is crucial with these services so that your stylist can narrow in on what you like and what fits your body type.


Stitch Fix is another service I've used but they don't carry plus size pants so I've only been able to get dresses and tops from them. They work very similar to Dia&Co and I suggest trying the both of them.


Without further adieu let's take a look at the first shipment I received from Dia&Co!




First is the Zenobia/Reese Blouse in white (size 1x) $35.00


I wasn't hip about the pattern or the way it fit. This was oddly tight along the hem but too loose in the waist and again too tight in the bust. Usually button up shirts are disasters for women with large breasts anyway.


It's alright though, this is all about experimentation and I was happy to try it on and discover!







In all the pictures you will see the
Celebrity Pink/Marley Skinny Jean in turquoise (size 16) $65.00.
I absolutely love these pants, they fit very well and aren't sliding down on me, which is a constant problem I have with pants but I unfortunately can't wear belts. This was one of the main reasons I tried Dia&Co, for bottoms that fit since Stitch Fix doesn't offer my size. I was blown out of the water on the first try with these amazing pants, and in one of my favorite colors too! To say the least, they're keepers.






Next is the Fashion to Figure/ Alicia Blazer in black (size 1) $36.90


I wore this over the top from above and I've been searching for a good blazer. Unfortunately this was not the one. It was a bit big and I didn't find it too flattering to my shape. The shortness of it was not my style. Which blazers aren't usually super long but if this just had like an inch more it would've been fine. I liked the style of the sleeves though.





I am sending this blazer back too.






Following the blazer is Fashion to Figure/Cassidy Tunic in blue (size 1x) $36.90


I liked the way this tunic fit, and it was very comfortable but my husband and I both agree jean shirts are not my jam and don't belong in my closet. He joked that just because I started watching the 90's show Sailor Moon doesn't mean I should start wearing jean shirts from the 90's. If this shirt had been any texture/color other then jean.....







Don't get me wrong, some people can ROCK the jean look and I know it's coming back in style. It's just not for me.






My last piece was a necklace Anneke Necklace in Gold $27.00


I liked this necklace quite a bit but I have a very similar piece already in my collection. My husband and I both agreed I didn't need a second.
To my stylist: Please continue sending cool stuff like that though!





In the end I decided to only keep the pants, but that's not a bad thing! I feel these types of services are really to help you discover things you may never have tried. I am excited for my next box and hope you guys will give it a try too!

If you want to try out Dia&Co


If you want to try out Stitch Fix





Do you want me to review a Stitch Fix box? Let me know what you think in the comments below! <3

















No comments:

Post a Comment